DEADLINE: February 13th at Noon PST
As Wikipedia states, Benevolence is the act of, or a general inclination towards, charity. However you interpret the theme is up to you. Possible ideas include but are not limited to:
- The game could be about charitable acts in general.
- It could be about a particular charity.
- It could draw awareness to a certain cause.
- It could educate on an issue.
- The game could be unrelated to charity but then donate its proceeds to a charity.
- It could take the word Benevolence and twist it in any manner that deems fun an appropriate.
- One Master Adobe Suite donated by Lee Brimelow & Adobe
- One Pro License to GameBuilder Studio (once it is released)
- Feature Review by JayIsGames ... I can not guarantee they will say nice things. ;) But all PR is good PR, right?
- Featured on GamesChart
- FDT 4 Max donated by Bruno Fonzi of FDT ($699 value). The voting for People's Choice will occur shortly after the deadline.
- FDT 4 Pure donated by Bruno Fonzi of FDT ($129 value).
- Invite to Private Beta to GameBuilder Studio
- Single Developer License to Push Button Engine's Isometric Component ($50 value). Generously donated by GameBuilder Studio to anyone who wants to use it in the competition. This is Available now! All you need to do is validate that you are entering the competition by e-mailing me with your game concept and contact information. Then either myself or Lavon will send you instructions so you can use this immediately. My contact: ickydime[ at ]yahoo.com
- Recognized as Hackathon Supporters and projects will be displayed/promoted in our official records and online releases.
This contest is directly tied to Stanford University’s Hackathon, which is a software development branch of Dance Marathon. Their 24hr Hackathon will start on February 12th and finish on noon of the 13th in conjunction with this contest. All entries to this competition will be considered part of Hackathon and thus gain the recognition and promotion from the Hackathon organization. You will retain all rights to your code and final creations. You can learn more about Hackathon at their website.
- MochiAds needs to be enabled to ensure that we can find your game in the database. However, since this is a charitable event, you do not need to use the standard network ad. Instead, feel free to use a 'Custom Ad' that coincides with your game's theme/charity.
- Tag Your Game: In order to properly find your game, you must tag it “hackathon2011” without the quotes.
- You can be disqualified from receiving any prizes if your game is deemed to be not compliant with the spirit of this event.
Post any questions you have below. Good luck!